Back in my cheese eating days it was one of my favourite meals, though there was a huge interim period amid the various eating disorders were not even the smallest of bites would of http://www.100krefresh.com/best-online-viagra passed my lips. Of course all I ever knew was sauce from a jar and very good site the standard meat filled bolognaise like lasagna.
Vegetarian lasagna would have been only introduced a lot longer down the line when I was well and truly in the http://beegoodsmercantile.com/online-levitra-prescription throws of disordered eating and like many of the foods I restricted would have been only indulged in on a binge eating day.
I’ve come full circle and no longer have “treat” foods and don’t have any negative associations attached to certain meals or foods and so can genuinely look forward to a delicious plate of lasagna in various different guises. I love making new varieties…the possibilities are endless and can be taken far from the traditional meaty cheesy wheat filled layers to ulitmate nutritionally rich deliciousness!
I’ve officially created the ultimate vegan “cheesy” cheese less lasagna! Giving my self some props on this one because it really is that good!
Packed full of “meaty” mushrooms, drowned in drippy “cheese” sauce…it’s satisfies on every count! I always know I’m on a to a real winner when my mum actively looks for a taste of something I’ve made. The hovering occurs until I offer her a bite. She approved of this one!
The fact that she’s a bit of skelfsborg.com a mushroom maniac obviously helped. She’s admittedly a “cheeseaholic” so to get her to approve of cheese less sauce really is no mean feat!
I reserved a little of the sauce to pour over the lasagna once cooked. Not that this lasagna was lacking in sauciness but having a little extra on avantel.co stand by, whatever type of lasagna your making, is a fantastic way to ensure even leftovers ooze with glorious cheesiness! The joys of Alpro Almond milk…never fail to only best offers amaze and delight me!
It’s a straightforward lasagna, one that requires minimal dishes and pots to prepare and only a small array of ingredients. The one thing that would put me off making a lasagna, as I know it does others, is the long list of steps and ingredients which although never particularly complex, they tend to be laborious, time consuming and inevitably lead to a lot of http://excelsior-westenholte.nl/canadian-pharmacy-viagra-generic cleaning up.
A relatively speedy cheesy healthy lasagna……….what more could you want! Set to be one of my favourite all time pumpkin recipes for sure.
What’s your favourite type of lasagna? Do you have your own little twist?
Vegan Cheesy Mushroom Lasagna
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 180ml (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil
- 3 sheets of wholegrain spelt lasagna
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- Blend together all sauce ingredients in a food processor or in jar using a handblender. Place in a pot over a medium heat, stirring until it thickens; about 5 – 8 minutes. Set to one side.
- Place garlic, onion and olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes until onion becomes a little translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Place mixture in a bowl lined with kitchen paper to soak up excess moisture. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to very good site 180C (350F).
- Drop lasagna sheets in to boiling water for a minute, one at a time.
- Place a spoonful of the sauce at the biofuelwatch.org.uk bottom of your oven proof dish, lay down one sheet of http://rumahkayu.info/cialis-overnite lasagna, followed by 1/2 of the mushroom mixture. Top with a few spoonfuls of sauce and a few fresh basil leaves.
- Lay another lasagna sheet on top and repeat the process. Lay final lasagna sheet on top, followed by about half of the remaining sauce; pour on more than you think! It’s important the pasta is well coated!
- Cover and place in the preheated oven, allowing to bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cook for a further 10 minutes uncovered.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the dish and pouring over the remainder of the warm cheesy sauce (reheat in the pot!) Garnish with a little fresh basil to serve.
*Perfect the next day and delicious served cold!