A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by an Irish Raw Chocolate company that were in the process of putting the finishing touches on their website. They wanted to know was I interested in trying some of their products…
Of course! Based in the West of Ireland, Magic Mayan Chocolate produce dairy, gluten and soya free raw chocolate bars. It ain’t your ordinary plain raw chocolate though, they have a fantastic, interesting product range. From bee pollen to crazy caramel, I’ve tried almost all of them at this stage.
I haven’t been eating a whole lot of chocolate of late as I’ve been trying to cut out refined sugar entirely to see if it makes any difference to my disgruntled tummy and fluctuating sleep patterns. The great thing about the Mayan range is that it’s made using coconut sugar….not a refined sugar granule insight meaning it comes in much lower on the glycemic index (35…anything below 55 is considered low). Chocolate without the blood sugar rush sounds like a winner to me! It means it’s also diabetic friendly.
Made with the best raw cacao powder and butter in the world, of the criollo variety, first imported by the Spanish from Venezuela, the bars are of raw organic quality, lightly processed at temperatures not higher than 45°C (110°F).
There are 9 different varieties currently available all of which come in 55g bars…
- Plain Perfect
- Go Goji Go…goji berries!
- Bee Bliss…bee pollen – this one was my favourite
- Oriental Orange
- Marvellous Mulberry – I didn’t have the pleasure of trying this one but as a mulberry fan I bet it’s amazing
- Creamy Cashew – the most like milk chocolate, this was my brother’s favourite!
- Always Almond
- Black Velvet – Very Dark, another one I didn’t try, this bar as minimal sugar and is particularly suitable for diabetics
- Crazy Caramel – a nice change from my usual plain dark chocolate. It can be particularly hard to find such an interesting variety of chocolate that’s vegan friendly. Layers of caramel, white and dark chocolate, this one is a crowd pleaser!
You can find out more about the different products and their ingredients here.
So where am I going with this other than sharing the wonders of this amazing chocolate?
Well the guys at Magic Mayan have decided to give one of my lucky readers 3 bars of their choice to try! The giveaway is open to readers WORLDWIDE!!! Finally a giveaway without restrictions!
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is…(each one you do counts as one entry!)
- Leave a comment below telling me which three varieties you would choose.
- Retweet “I would love to win some funky cool low GI raw chocolate from @MagicMayanchoc via the @PeachyPalate Giveaway.” – and leave a comment below telling me you’ve done so!
- Follow Magic Mayan Chocolate @MagicMayanchoc – and leave a comment below telling me you’ve done so!
- Like the Magic Mayan Chocolate Facebook Page – and leave a comment below telling me you’ve done so!
Definitely a giveaway worth entering. If I could enter myself I would!
Giveaway entries will be accepted up until this Saturday the 20th of October! Giveaway winner will be announced on Monday the 22nd! Good luck!