Back in to Baking

by Peachy Palate on October 17, 2012

Half way through October, it’s chilly, the leaves have fallen and I’m in need of a new hat and a cute pair of gloves! (The new lululemon hoodie which I ordered last week, now eagerly awaiting it’s arrival on Irish shores, was totally justified! If they had a store in Ireland I would be broke…).

Before I go on don’t forget to check out my digestive facts from Saturday; part two of this post! This one focuses on the facts that really caught my attention!

I also have a giveaway running until next week for some Irish Raw Chocolate….and it’s open to those across the EU and US! So get entering! Check out the post to find out more and see just how to enter.

And finally before I get to the food…I’m taking part in the cancer awareness support campaign this week with AXA PPP healthcare. They’re holding a whole host of free online expert chat sessions among other things. Have a look to see how you can get involved and avail of the extra support they’re providing.

I go through phases of liking certain things for breakfast. I’m back in instant bake loving mode after the incredible deliciousness of the blueberry cornbread bake. I’ve never tried making one using protein powder…

Now that I have I’ll be making a whole heap more! Instant Quinoa Chocolate & Banana Protein Bake!

Absolutely awesome! The didn’t want it to end. Seriously in love with this one! Recipe will be up first thing tomorrow….it’s one not to be missed!

Lunch…was yet more pumpkin! This time in the guise of a new spicy flavourful pumpkin and blackbean chili. Such comfort food. Arriving in to a bowlful of this on a chilly day…heart and belly warming! Smile

I picked up a cute little orange pumpkin in the Happy Pear and roasted it before adding it the chili that was bubbling away I’ll have the recipe for this up tomorrow evening!

And then dinner…..

THE BEST CHICKPEA BURGER EVER! (Just so you know I almost wrote… “Seriously in love with this one!” AGAIN!, clearly I need to extend my vocabulary!)

A spicy sweet potato and chickpea burger on one of the best homemade buns I’ve ever made. Chickpeas just make for the most spectacular burgers and when used as a base, especially with something a little starchy require so few other ingredients to hold the whole thing together perfectly.

Recipe will be up for my new improved burger buns and the chickpea and sweet potato burger Friday evening!

So what else do I have for you….

Pumpkin Muffins!!!

Finally got around to making a batch. Crispy on the top, soft in the middle, just the way every perfect muffin should be. I’ll have the recipe up for these first thing Friday morning.

Best meal of the day…I seriously couldn’t pick one! Each and every meal was astounding. I surpassed even my own expectations! The perfect day of eats!

What’s your idea of the perfect day of eats? [/donotprint]

kristle October 17, 2012 at 11:04 am

my perfect day of eats definitely includes chili… love the stuff! excited to see the black bean and pumpkin chili :) so far my fav one that i’ve made has black beans and sweet potato

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Oh ye good combo!

Miss Polkadot October 17, 2012 at 11:21 am

Can I come over and have you cook for me ;) ? My perfect day of eats would feature lots of pumpkin, a comforting warm bowl of oat bran topped with almond butter and some chocolate.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s recipes! My SunWarrior needs to be put to good use :) .

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I can’t get enough of it at the moment, I go through phases! I never make oat bran, must give it a run for it’s money!

Alexia October 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

wow so much pumpkin!! love it! i think i will try to make a lovely pumpkin risotto tonight.. with LOTS of pumpkin and maybe some red lentils mixed in!? yum! cant wait for the recipes

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 7:28 pm

sounds gorgeous!!!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes October 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm

So loving the pumpkin fest in this post. Those muffins look epic!

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Thanks missus! Pumpkin…can NEVER have too much right! :)

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count October 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Yum, Yum, Yum as always!

Eating 4 Balance October 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm

On these WIAWs I always seem to be checking back on your awesome posts earlier in the week! Thanks for linking to them or I would have totally missed that digestive post! Very informative.

My idea of the perfect day of eats would be a day where I could eat whatever I wanted (allergy foods included) and not have a stomachache :) Keep dreaming, huh?

Well, Happy WIAW! I’ll be checking back in for that pumpkin muffin recipe :)

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I’m sure there are allergy friendly alternatives you could make? I’m glad you liked the digestive post!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

oh my… all your food looks amazing!! I can’t wait for all these recipes!!

Lacey @ Life Hands You Limes October 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm

oh my goodness, do you ever make anything that doesn’t look absolutely insanely delicious?!?! Seriously! My perfect day of eats is whatever your making haha! Looks incredible!

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 7:29 pm

yes I eat copious amounts of plain and simple roasted kale just as is….it doesn’t look all that gorgeous but I’m addicted!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness October 17, 2012 at 6:36 pm

That protein Bake looks amazing! Will you be posting the recipe soon?! I love anything with chocolate and banana and have been loving quinoa for all the protein lately!

Peachy Palate October 17, 2012 at 7:29 pm

First thing tomorrow morning it will be up!!!

Rachel October 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Everything looks delicious! I really need to start baking again those bakes looks amazing

Lauren (@poweredbypb) October 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Those burgers look amazing!!

She Rocks Fitness October 18, 2012 at 12:13 am

Your eats and photos are beautiful and this would probably be very similar to my perfect day of eats! Are you going to be posting these recipes soon? Hope you had a fabulous day! :)

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 18, 2012 at 12:56 am

That’s wonderful you are helping with the cancer support group, I will be looking over at that site after I write a comment :) The burgers look phenomenal here, and yeah, chili is a perfect comfort food. I honestly look forward to your WIAW posts, you always have the most glorious looking food, and no I am not lying! :D

Melissa @ Fit 'N' Well Mommy October 18, 2012 at 5:02 am

Your pumpkin chili and chocolate banana protein bake look amazing! I am anxiously waiting for our Fall weather to arrive (I live in California), so I can start making chili!

By the way, I just found your blog and I love all of your recipes and pictures! I can’t wait to follow it!