Blueberry Banana Whipped Oats! Complete with a wonderful array of beautiful toppings! A comforting belly warming bowl of goodness. Before the official Autumn chill set in late last week I gave an overnight version a go and I was mightily impressed.
Thick creamy and dough. The flavours were obviously comparable to the whipped oat version but I left out the Sunwarrior on this occasion, added in some vanilla extract and stirred through good amount of Alpro plain soya yoghurt.
I also stirred through some blueberry chia jam for an extract hit of blueberry which created a pretty swirl throughout the bowl.
I could be one of the last bowls of overnight oats I have for a while; unless I turn the heating up full blast or sit by the fire! It’s gotten decidedly colder over the past week in Ireland. I need to deck myself out with a new woolly hat and a cute pair of gloves; possibly fingerless to make overnight oat eating that bit easier!
Whipped or overnight…I don’t think I could choose! Once the vital components are present; namely the toppings and mix ins I’d be more than happy to devour another bowl of either! Very much the same yet world’s apart at the same time.
Bee pollen + blueberries + cashew butter = a blissful breakfast what ever your preference!
If you can get your hands on some dried chewy banana it makes for a perfect additional topping; sweet with a strong banana flavour and an incredible texture. The key to a good bowl of oats, warm, cold or overnight, is the texture, flavour and the scent!
What’s your all time favourite bowl of oats that you could eat any or every day of the week?
Have you made the opposing “sister” versions?
Blueberry Banana Whipped Oats
Preparation Time – 5 minutes + Overnight
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (180ml) almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 small banana finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 80ml (1/3 cup) plain soy yoghurt
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tbsp cashew nut butter
- Fresh blueberries
- Few slices of dried chewy banana
Blueberry Chia Jam (will make enough for 2-3 servings)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together all overnight oat ingredients and place in a seal tight container in the fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile add blueberries, vanilla and maple syrup to a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Mash any remaining blueberry lumps. Add in chia seeds and stir frequently over a low to medium heat until desired consistency; about 5 minutes. Place in the fridge once cooled until your ready to serve up your oats.
- Add yoghurt to overnight oat mix before placing in a bowl.
- Stir threw a tablespoon of the blueberry chia jam.
- Serve topped with fresh blueberries, dried banana, bee pollen and your cashew nut butter along with another dollop of the blueberry jam.