No matter how much I enjoy a batch of pancakes I always like to think that it can always get better….which leads to a whole lot of pancake experimentation/eating and http://slaauk.org/w2/canada-viagra-no-prescription flipping!
I love switching up the flours I use as well of http://canangoknil.com/best-cialis-prices course as the toppings and the complimenting nut butter to complete the plate. With a new wholegrain high fibre flour to make use of I decided to eltaller-blog.com mix it up entirely and go down the http://www.hexicamaerials.com/best-prices-on-brand-levitra sometimes disastrous route of adding some mix ins to the batter.
Why disastrous you ask? Well I’ve found in the past that adding in “chunks” or anything that has the potential to bleed or burst can create some funky looking pancakes that don’t necessarily cook all the way through with ease.
Of course I’m a massive fan of blueberry pancakes so there are some exceptions to the rule. That said when I go down the blueberry pancake route I go for the easier option of dropping in some blueberries once the batters in the pan. Never fails me!
I made and bold move and decided to stir in not one but two mix ins to the new batter. A combination of buckwheat and Bob’s Red Mill teff flour! I went with just a little teff flour as opposed to going all out as it seems to be the http://testingtimes.com.au/levitra-brand general recommendation. I’m not sure that it gave the pancakes any distinct taste, though there was so much else going on with these babies it was hard to tell! I’ll need to deborahservices.co.uk give another batch a go because these ones were all about the banana and blueberry goodness!
Banana chunks and click now blueberries within the pancakes worked a treat. The blueberries burst with juiciness ever so slightly, the bananas melted in to the batter, whilst retaining a little bit of chunkiness; delicious pops of dosage viagra flavour with every mouthful! Mighty chunky monkey pancakes, incredibly thick and hella filling.
Of course not a bite went to waste…and of course I lavished them with an array of toppings. Fresh blueberries, cashew butter, bee pollen, coconut, blueberry chia jam and a little mint; I’m becoming very partial to a sprig of mint with my morning meal
Just look at how thick they are! As close to banana bead in pancake form as you’re goana get I reckon.
These pancakes were totally inspired by the wonderfulness that was the peanut butter banana ripple carob chip banana bread! I wanted some more of that gooey banana goodness! Carob chips would have definitely gotten thrown in had I had any left. Blueberries were a good alternative option – you know how much I love banana and blueberries together!
Banana bread and pancakes, I could live off both indefinitely..given half a chance!
What’s your favourite pancake batter mix in?
Vegan Banana Blueberry Chunky Monkey Pancakes
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 – 10 minutes
- 40g (1/3 cup) buckwheat flour
- 20g (2 tbsp) teff flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1/2 medium banana mashed
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax + 1.5 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 medium banana diced
- Blueberry jam – chia jam!
- 1/3 –1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 spoonfuls of cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Mint to garnish
- Blend together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla essence, mashed banana and almond milk.
- Mix together flax and water and set to one side for 10 –15 minutes until “eggy”. Stir through pancake batter until well combined. Fold in banana chunks and fresh blueberries.
- Place 1/3 cup measures of the batter in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Spread out using the http://cogrigroup.com/viagra-discounts back of http://bays.com/how-to-get-viagra-no-prescription a spoon. Allow to cook for 4 –5 minutes before gently lifting and flipping with a spatula. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes on the opposite side.
- Serve pancakes topped with cashew butter, blueberries, blueberry jam, bee pollen, coconut and http://eltaller-blog.com/cheap-25mg-viagra mint! Dig in!