Comfort food edition

by Peachy Palate on November 28, 2012

It’s that time of the week again…

Thanks to Jenn as always for hosting! Wednesday’s just wouldn’t be the same without you!

It’s gotten colder this past week and although I tend to not feel the cold in the mornings (the first thing I do when I wake up is open the window!) by mid morning/early afternoon, post workout and shower, usually with wet hair I start to pick up on the chill.

There is nothing better for warming your bones that delicious and of course hot food – aside from a bath but having one of them more than once a day would frankly be more hassle than it’s worth don’t you think Smile

As always, in case you missed my latest nutrition post… it’s the 2nd half a little later than intended of the previous post on fat

Fat Practicalities – which to buy, what to use when and how to store.

First up on the menu yesterday was a delicious pumpkin pie filled crepe. Now it wasn’t quite pie filling, but it’s quick healthier version, served warm…

Topped off with a good dollop of Justin’s Maple Almond butter it was positively heavenly. Recipe will be up tomorrow morning first thing.

Lunch was a twist on a childhood favourite which I managed to post the recipe for yesterday.

A vegan shepherd-less pie with a cauliflower “cheese” topping. It was all kinds of wonderful, well worth checking out if you fancy something nutritionally rich and deliciously comforting.

I was kept nicely full until dinner time…though I will admit this delicious plateful was on my mind the whole afternoon. I’m not a huge tempeh pan…or at least I wasn’t until I managed to pick up the chilled as opposed to the jarred version. I’m a complete convert and have fallen head over heels in love with it!

You can expect to see a whole lot more tempeh recipes in the near future. This one will be posted tomorrow…think stick sweet orange…it was awesome!

I had a humungous bowl of fresh fruit, melon, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, pear and orange as a night time snack topped with Alpro plain soy yoghurt and bee pollen and a slice of my latest cake creation.

Pear and chocolate cake! Soft, almost gooey, wheat and gluten free…recipe will be up Friday morning. So simple you’ll be amazed and hopefully whip one up for the coming weekend.

Soft, springy, quite dense, deliciously fruity and gooey in parts in the best way possible! Smile Pear and chocolate is just an amazing combination!

Most surprising meal had to be the tempeh, the orange flavour was intense, the texture of the tempeh highly appeasing and give me short grain brown rice and it’s a sure fire way to put a smile on my face!

Are you a tempeh fan? If so what’s your favourite tempeh recipe?

Lot-O-Choc November 28, 2012 at 10:47 am

The recipe for the shephards pie you posted up yesterday looks delish! will definitely be trying that one out soon…cauliflower mash looks yummmyyy!

Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I’m in love!

Miss Polkadot November 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Mmmh, looks like yet another tasty array of dishes! Chocolate Pear Cake? Sign me up!

I haven’t had much tempeh yet but my favourite recipe so far would be your Chili Tempeh.

Eating 4 Balance November 28, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I have to admit that I’ve tried to like soy… But I just can’t. I even tried a few times to eat some of the tofu and tempeh offerings on the Whole Foods hot bar… Which I thought would be the best place to try it. Simply awful. I have tried edamame before though, and roasted I really liked it!

That vegan shepherd’s pie sounds delicious. Love the idea of cauliflower for the cheese.

Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Try the orange sauce n see if it sways you! :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm

That vegan shepherd-less pie sounds and looks amazing!! :)

I have yet to try tempeh, but I really want to!

Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 7:19 pm

It’s amazing when you do something interesting with it!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes November 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Oh temeph is the best. I haven’t had any for ages!

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake November 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Your chocolate and pear cake looks so so good. If you couldn’t tell by the name of my blog I love cake, especially chocolate cake. I can’t wait for the recipe.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats November 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I’m always amazed at how many new recipes you come up with! Haha it’s like you never eat the same thing twice!

Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I very rarely do! Well except for lots of roasted kabocha and soy yoghurt with fruit!

kristle November 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm

i’ve only had tempeh 2 or 3 times, but i just had it for thanksgiving, marinated it for some tempeh bacon to top off my spinach salad :) i have never seen it in jars, just in the fridge or freezer

Lizzie November 28, 2012 at 8:09 pm

HOLY COW! That pumpkin pie crepe looks AMAZING. I am seriously drooling all over my laptop right now. YUMMMM.

Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 9:08 pm

It was so good! Make sure to check back tomorrow for the recipe!

Giselle@ahealthyhappyhome November 29, 2012 at 2:43 am

Oooh I can’t wait for you tempeh recipe! I’m always looking for new ways to cook it and that looks delicious!

Julie and Brit @ twosaucysisters.wordpress.com November 29, 2012 at 2:53 am

OH MY WORD tempeh is one of our FAVOURITE things!! :D We might even love it more than tofu… ?

Peachy Palate November 29, 2012 at 8:27 am

I like it more than tofu now, completely converted!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate November 29, 2012 at 4:01 am

Your crepes and pancakes always look so good! I am going to have to give some type of filling a try rather than my usual toppings.

Peachy Palate November 29, 2012 at 8:26 am

Definitely, this one is super easy and it tastes amazing, putting the recipe up now!

Lauren (@poweredbypb) November 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Jarred tempeh?! That sounds vile. I do like tempeh although as I’m not a big soy fan and it’s quite expensive I tend to limit it to treats and don’t have it very often.

Anne@LoveMintChocolateChip November 29, 2012 at 9:15 pm

your crepe looks to die for and i am pumped for that chocolate cake recipe!!