The first thing I do upon wakening most mornings during the week is a quick circuit workout.
Sometimes I go down the weights route, others I try and keep pace with Zuzana (love her workouts!) and those mornings when I wake up feeling a little more inventive I come up with something all of my own. I used to think that in order to really work your muscles you need to incorporate weights in to your training. Don’t get me wrong, I still make sure to mix it up a little bit and make use of extra weight (got to keep working on the guns ) at least 3 times a week.
That said, a simple body weight circuit can get your heart rate pumping (I totally typed pumpkin first!…it’s on the brain) and rid any lingering or potential chill that is about to hit your bones on these less than warm Winter mornings.
This is a quick effective workout that you should aim to do for time; it’s also important not to sacrifice form.
The exercises are all pretty straight forward but here are some links in case you’re confused about any of them!
- Competition Burpees – though you don’t have to do them quite so fast, I know I can’t!
- Plyo Squats – make sure to get the height
- Strict Mountain Climbers – be “strict” with yourself on these
- Switch Lunge Jumps – both feet landing at the same time
- Sit Up Knee Hugs – keep those legs of the ground