Thank the lord all my efforts seemed to pay off. Wednesday night I was feeling dreadful, Thursday a good bit better and by Friday I was back to my old fighting self. On other hand my mum had to http://digitaldoit.com/cheapest-levitra-prescription succumb to the traditional bacteria destroying antibiotics having acquired a full blown chest infection. I was determined not to have to down the same route. I avoid antibiotics and most forms of conventional chemical fuelled medicine whenever possible!
I didn’t loose my appetite apart from a momentary bout of very good site queasiness after the first lot of grapefruit seed extract (I really hadn’t anticipated it being THAT bad!)…though I was craving soup like nothing else and so I got to work on whipping up a simple roasted tomato soup that I knew would be satisfying with minimal effort.
I threw a load of large vine plum tomatoes in the oven, seasoned with salt and lots of only for you black pepper along with a whole bulb of garlic. Roasted for 30 minutes, blended up with almond milk, dried herbs, a little more seasoning and oneidacity.com touch of garam masala….soup done!
I wanted to make use of the amazing copycat crunch seedy bread and so made a vegan take on the classic toasted cheese. Two grilled pieces of bread, pumpkin puree cheese sauce sandwiched in the middle; pumpkin puree mixed up with nutritional yeast (or as I now know “nooch!” ), Dijon mustard and a little seasoning and it was good to go.
The end result was a dreamy bowl of http://deborahservices.co.uk/cialis-viagra soup and a sandwich that I simply did not want to end. The bread is just amazing, another loaf is most definitely being baked this week now that I’m officially out The pumpkin “cheese” was delicious (and highly nutritious to boot!). It was everything my tastebuds were craving and all the levitra from india nourishment my body was seeking.
Nothing beats a good soup and sandwich combo. I know Courtney is a big fan…her soup and sandwich combo posts last week were definitely an inspiration and fuelled my desire to http://agmediainc.com/alternative-to-viagra create my own veganised take!
Tomato soup has always been a favourite of mine, and once heavily laced with sweet roasted garlic it just becomes all the more delicious. Plus those antibacterial properties of the garlic were only going to help with the lingering sickness…even if it did mean I had intense garlic breath for a good 48 hours – totally worth it!
What’s your favourite soup and sandwich combo.?
Roasted Tomato Soup and Vegan Cheese Toastie
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35-40 minutes
- 6 large vine plum tomatoes (1 cup when roasted!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 heaped tsp tomato puree
- 1 small bulb garlic
- A few basil leaves to garnish
- 2 slices of seedy wholegrain rye bread
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Slice tomatoes in half and place on a non stick baking tray along with the garlic in to the oven for 25-30 minutes to roast.
- Remove tomatoes and garlic from the oven and blend with all other soup ingredients (squeezing each clove of now soft garlic in to the mix) – reserve one half of a tomato for garnish!
- Place in a pot over a medium heat, bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes to heat through.
- Serve with reserved tomato on top, chopped basil and more black pepper!
- Blend or whisk together pumpkin puree with yeast, mustard and pepper.
- Place slices of bread under a preheated grill toasting on one side. Meanwhile place the pumpkin mix in a pot over a low heat to order cialis online canada warm through.
- Dollop the pumpkin puree on the untoasted side of the bread. Top with the other slice, toasted side facing out, slice in half and serve alongside soup!