It seems like a lifetime ago that I my last mini galette. A crisp ever so slightly doughy wholegrain spelt pastry laid flat, filled with veggie goodness and folded in on itself for a delicious and pretty meal for one.
In fact it was almost a year ago! I was on a bit of pastry kick at the time, and totally wore it out but out of no where I got a craving for something mushroom and spinach filled and a mini galette was the perfect option.
Delicious meaty portobello mushrooms and few oysters, mixed with spinach, leeks and plenty of parsley. A simple and only now hearty filling, cooked prior to good choice hitting the viagra online doctor pastry which let me add is the easiest most fool proof pastry that ever did exist. It’s incredibly easy to work with, rolls out with ease, no crumbling or difficulty lifting from counter to tray.
One thing to remember or that I’d recommended is once your pastry is rolled lay it on eurousc.com to the non stick or lined baking try before placing your filling in the centre and folding in the side.
Lifting up the completed galette is a little hazardous and much more open to destruction!
Also key is cooking your filling in advance and removing any excess moisture particularly from the cooked greens which could potentially leave you with soggy pastry. I must give making a larger galette a go one of these days, but the individual versions are ideal for making in advance, delicious reheated in the oven or served up cold; if you have nicely large lunch box you could even pop one in to take on your travels.
Little mini slices because simply digging in with a fork and knife for haphazard bites just didn’t seem right!
The pastry is rich hearty and wholegrain, the perfect case for a savoury filling. A sweet variety is on the cards some day soon…I’m thinking plum filled!
What’s your favourite galette filling?
Vegan Spelt Spinach and Mushroom Galette
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 60g (1/2 cup) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tbsp ground flax + 1 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped leeks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 clove of http://www.thelitigator.ca/litigator/viagra-without-a-prescription garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp almond milk to generic cialis canadian wash pastry before baking
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts to serve
- 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- Mix together flax and very good site water and set to one side for 10 minutes.
- Add flax egg to milk and olive oil before adding the wet ingredients to the flour, baking powder and salt. Bring together with your hands to form a nice neat smooth ball. Cover in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile add coconut oil, garlic and leeks to http://globalebookawards.com/get-cialis-fast pan. Cook for 3 minutes before adding spinach. Cook together for 2 minutes, remove from the pan placing in a bowl lined with kitchen paper to soak up excess moisture.
- Add mushrooms to the same pan cooking for 5-7 minutes. Set to one side in another bowl line with kitchen paper.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). When the pastry is rested roll out to form an 8-9inch circle. Place on non stick baking tray (line with baking parchment if you’re concerned it might stick!).
- Mix together spinach, garlic, leeks and mushrooms with parsley and season with salt and buy viagra soft pepper.
- Place filling in the middle, reserving approximately 1/4 of the http://euromedforum.org/viagra-on-sale mixture. Make sure to leave approximately 1.5 inches around the edge to http://celtic-irish.co.uk/news/strong-viagra fold in.
- Fold in pastry, overlapping as you move around the in a clockwise or anti clockwise manor – depending on your preference. Wash the pastry edges with the almond milk – to help the folded edge to stick and also brown whilst cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve with reserved filling on the side (reheated in a pan), sprinkled with chopped walnuts and fresh parsley.