A little more festive

by Peachy Palate on December 12, 2012

I had every great intention of getting my Christmas baking on over the weekend but it didn’t happen… I was officially sick and so put myself on bed rest all day Saturday. It’s been a hell of long time since I did nothing ALL day and it was a hell of a lot tougher for me than you might imagine.

I had actually started feeling a little better by Saturday. Having been to the doctor on Friday he gave me a prescription for antibiotics but suggested that I my immune system was fighting the viral infection and unless it should turn worse to avoid using the antibiotics….finally a doctor that isn’t pushing the meds! Vick’s Vapo rub, a bath, plenty of Vitamin C and grapefruit seed extract and a few naps later and I was starting to feel on the mend. I was determined not to let it get the better of me!

I’m still making every effort not to over do it and getting in some extra sleep. I’ve been playing catch up the last couple of days but I did manage to get in some yummy eats that I guess are a little more festive…

In case you missed it, while I lay in bed missing the gym and all forms of movement on Saturday I stuck up my Beat the Winter Chill Circuit Workout.

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes

First up yesterday was a new bake….a quinoa flake bake to be precise!

Quinoa flake bakes are amazing and it has been WAY too long is a I had one. I love pumpkin baked oats and could eat them every morning of the week but this was a nice way to switch it up. The quinoa flakes are a little less heavy, more cake like than baked oats. Recipe will be up first thing tomorrow!

Lunch was something completely different – which I actually posted yesterday!!! Smile

A mini individual spinach and mushroom wholegrain galette! – Check it out here, it was yum!

Followed by another delicious tempeh dish!!!

I think this could possibly be the best yet! Recipe will be up tomorrow evening, think squash, eggplant and sweet pomegranate molasses!

I had planned to whip up a pumpkin cake over the weekend which got put back a couple of days; but totally worth the wait!

Filled with chopped pecans, some pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. A light, pumpkin spice, moist (yes I used the word!), cake with a slight muffin like crust on top.

Recipe will be up Friday morning. I had a slice before bed with a good dollop of plain soy yoghurt and SunButter – I seriously have an addiction! Best nut/seed butter EVER!

On a final note I also put together a top Christmas Gift post while I was sick – I was extremely bored and so decided to make somewhat productive use of my time in a way that wouldn’t be too taxing on my brain. Enjoy!

Ffion @ Chocolate and Raspberries December 12, 2012 at 11:02 am

All your food looks great, would love to try your lunch, that tempeh dish looks fab, and cake is always good :)

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count December 12, 2012 at 11:27 am

Everything looks delicious, Michelle especially the gallette. Yum!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables December 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Oh my gosh your pictures are AMAZING! Every meal looks like a magazine! haha

Eating 4 Balance December 12, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Quinoa flake bakes are seriously good. And my heart about stopped when I saw that galette yesterday. I love pastries, everything flaky, and single-servings of course! :)

Sunbutter and yogurt really do go hand in hand. I’m not sure what it is…

Oh, and I’m glad you seem to be feeling better and didn’t have to take those antibiotics! I was ready to comment, if you’re taking antibiotics, make sure to take or up your dose of probiotics too! Haha :)

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake December 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Cake looks gooood!

Alaine @ My GF DF Living December 12, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I feel a huge need to try a quinoa flake bake after reading this. I hope you are feeling better!

Miss Polkadot December 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I hope you’ll be fully over the sickness soon but great you’re feeling better already! I’ve been sick since Saturday, too. Here’s to hoping tomorrow’s going to be better.

That galette, oh my! And yes to another fantastic looking tempeh dish.

Kerry @ Totes My Oats December 12, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Can’t wait to hear about the pumpkin cake recipe! It looks so good!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes December 12, 2012 at 7:41 pm

So sorry you were ill. Your food looks gorgeous!

Peachy Palate December 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Thanks Gemma, feeling much better now, the power of natural medicine :)

Anna @AnnaTheApple December 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Ah it sucks being ill :( hope you feel better soon. I’m a pathetic individual when I’m not well, I moan a lot and grumble about being incapable of doing simplest things. Thankfully (for those around me) Im not I’ll that often.
The cake sounds fabulous. Love the sound of the crispy top and soft middle :)

Peachy Palate December 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Feeling fantastic now Anna thanks!!!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome December 12, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Your photos are always so gorgeous! I’ve never gad quinoa flakes but I love quinoa so I’d probably enjoy it!

Peachy Palate December 13, 2012 at 8:22 am

Oh definitely, you’d love them!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life December 13, 2012 at 1:35 am

Everything looks beyond delicious! Especially that quinoa bake – I love quinoa for breakfast!

Diane @ Life of Di December 13, 2012 at 1:54 am

I just stumbled on your blog through ‘Eating 4 Balance’. ill have to start following :)

That quinoa flake bake looks amazing. I have been looking for ways to branch out from my normal, everyday oatmeal and peanut butter. I will definitely have to try this!

Peachy Palate December 13, 2012 at 8:22 am

Just about to post the recipe! :)

Melissa @ Fit 'N' Well Mommy December 13, 2012 at 7:54 am

Your galette looks SO delicious! I love galettes, whether savory or sweet, but I always forget about them. You have inspired me to make one!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity December 13, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Umm…. all of your food looks freaking fabulous! Especially that breakfast, those blackberries look amazing!!