Speaking of holidays, I’m really enjoying Christmas so far! Yesterday was a nice family filled relaxed day! I spent a good part of the day getting to grips with my new iPod touch…I’m such a novice! I have however finally joined instagram! I also got an amazing new pair of runners, custom designed by myself so I knew they were coming my way….with Peachy Palate as the ID on the back! I’ll get around to posting a pic later today! Back to the loaf at hand for the time being.
Of course you didn’t think I could just leave the flavour sensation alone after just one batch of the most delicious scones ever did you?! This loaf alternative is just as amazing, clearly it’s thanks to the cranberries, orange and chocolate, they are just a trio of pure deliciousness. To me it just screams of Christmas. Zesty, fresh, zingy and luscious all in the http://blu.edu.vn/generic-levitra-india one loaf.
When served warm both the cranberries and chocolate ooze, the tart and the bitter, the sweet and the zesty, bouncing off each other in wonderful harmony. I’m not at all poetic, the very thought of having to write a poem fills me with the fear once felt sitting in the primary school classroom, the pressure to create something that both rhymed and made sense incredibly intense. However, if there was ever a loaf to get poetic about this would be it!
It’s pretty much as dreamy as the scones; though I think the amazingness of the scones is also partially down to me not having dabbled in scone making or eating in quite sometime. It’s very rare that I repeatedly eat the same baked good over and viagra viagra over, preferring to freeze some portions for a rainy day. Freeze some slices of http://algaeindustrymagazine.com/buy-real-levitra this loaf I did do…however all but one have now been defrosted and consumed!
What’s even better about this loaf is how well it stacks up on the “healthy holiday treat”….as with the scones, you really wouldn’t know! Adding dark chocolate to something, even if it’s just a little just makes it all the more dessert like, yet it’s good enough to have for breakfast…win win!
Between cranberries in my baking and the copious amounts of homemade cranberry sauce I’ve been eating…if it was possible to turn red from eating the http://trackingwonder.com/viagra-buy-now beautiful tart fruit I would be the colour of Rudolph’s nose by now!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying a nice relaxing day today!
Anyone else in love with this combination or are you yet to mundoartstv.com try it? Try it, you’d be mad not to!
Cranberry Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake
Servings – 7-8
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- 1 cup (120g) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) wholegrain buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup (160ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (80ml) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate roughly chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 medium banana (1/3 cup) mashed
- 1/2 cup (100g) unrefined cane sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flours with baking powder.
- Seperately mix together almond milk, orange juice, vanilla extract, sugar and mashed banana. Puree using a handblender before adding to the flour mix.
- Stir well to combine before folding in cranberries, orange zest and chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven in a 2lb loaf tin for 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.