The day after New Years I indulged in possibly the most amazing pancakes I’ve ever eaten.
It’s no secret that a breakfast that includes pumpkin, be it whipped, baked oats, or pancakes or even pumpkin French toast is never going to fail to win me over. I had thought my previous pumpkin pancakes were tops and don’t get me wrong they were amazing, but these pumpkin protein pancakes have that extra bit of flavour, vanilla sweetness and extra staying power thanks to the hit of magical Sunwarrior!
I’ve been loving my extra bit of protein in my morning meals. Particularly over the holidays when I found I ate a later than usual breakfast, snacked before dinner, and ate my evening meal that bit earlier, my routine was all over the place and having a breakfast that left me feeling fuller for longer, more nutritionally rounded, was delightedly devoured
The thought did cross my mind as I dug in to these that I had perhaps peaked a little to http://berkley-fishing.com.au/usa-cialis early on the amazing pancake front! The second day of 2013 and I was digging in to possibly the best pancakes I’d ever eaten, were do I go from here! Sure the only way is up I guess right!
I knew I wouldn’t have time for pancakes over the weekend (the weekend that is cialis for woman now upon us), as I’m in class both days. I’m sure I’ll make up for my lack of excusemeletmespeak.com weekend pancakes over the coming week, but in the meantime this plateful filled my appetite for a plate of fluffy pumpkin gorgeousness that I was craving. I stepped away from the rachelsagermosaics.com SunButter, if only momentarily, and topped them with Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. It’s definitely my favourite of the sweet nut butters.
I’m always interested in trying new nut butters. They’re a breakfast staple and no breakfast feels complete without a dollop of the good stuff! What I find frustrating is not being able to get certain nut and seed butters over to Ireland. IHerb have an amazing range on over and I also have some European favourites which I pick up in The Happy Pear. I do have a longing to try Barney Butter! The all Barney Bare Smooth sounds amazing. If anyone would like to do a US – Ireland nut butter swap leave me a comment or mail me! I can send you one or two of my favourite European brands from below!
My favourite nut butters are as follows…
- Organic All Natural SunButter – Best seed butter ever and buy now online viagra is my favourite of all time!
- Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
- Maranatha No Stir Almond Butter Creamy
- iMonk Organic All Natural Cashew Butter
- iMonk Organic All Natural Almond Butter
- Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator
- Chocolate PB2
Pumpkin and vanilla are a match made in heaven and the seared banana works wonderfully as a topping. Warm and a little gooey, the chia seeds cling on, the perfect vessel for consumption. The rest pick up by the pancakes once the nut butter is spread nicely over the surface of each one
What are your favourite pumpkin pancakes?
What are your favourite nut/seed butters? Don’t forget to let me know if you fancy doing a Barney swap!!!
Vegan Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Servings – 3 large pancakes
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8-10 minutes
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein
- 40g (1/3 cup) wholegrain buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
- 1 seared banana sliced in to four
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Fresh blackberries
- Whisk together all pancake batter ingredients. Place 1/3 cup measures of the batter in to large non stick skillet- I made two and the third separately as they were too big for the pan!
- Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat before flipping over and cooking for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Once the pancakes have been placed on your plate, sear banana (sliced in to four) in the pan for a minute or two to visit our site soften, brown and warm through.
- Serve pancakes piled on top of http://anfasnavarra.org/discount-levitra-online each other, maple almond butter and seared banana on top, blackberries around the side, sprinkled generously with chia seeds and look here desiccated coconut.