A batch of six freshly made vegan scones whipped up of a Friday afternoon or evening, one of http://corethics.org/order-viagra-now which is devoured as part of a quick and best levitra price handy breakfast come Saturday morning – a more often than not a few evening snacks as note in this weeks What I Ate Wednesday post!
Last Friday afternoon I decided to face my blueberry bursting fear and tackled some blueberry and lemon scones. The scone dough is a full proof and quick to make up as it gets. When it comes to incorporating berries in baked goods I’ve had my fair share of disasters which I put down to using frozen berries and being altogether too zealous when it comes to mixing and incorporating! I’m my own worst enemy!
I had a plan when it came to the scones…I kneaded the dough for a couple of minutes until smooth, flattened it out and put the we choice blueberries on top before folding in all the sides and brand viagra for sale pressing down lightly until sealed before forming a nice round! It worked a treat!
Not one berry popped or burst much to my delight. I sliced 6 nice chunky scones, using my trust ceramic knife I sliced through the berries in the dough with precision. I will admit even at this stage as I milked the surface and sprinkled on the extra sugar I had visions of them coming out of the oven looking decidedly blue thanks the blueberries having exploded in the oven.
Forever the worrier, they came out beautifully and smelt amazing. The combination of blueberry and lemon is one of my all time favourites. I highly recommend a generous dollop of cashew butter on top of one of these straight from the oven or reheated for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
They freeze and thaw perfectly so if you want to save a couple for later in the week more power to you!
In case you missed the previous scones these two are must bakes…
What’s your favourite full proof go to rumahkayu.info when it comes to baking?
Blueberry & Lemon Scones
Servings – 6 large scones
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups (270g) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond milk + a little extra for brushing
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted (30g)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (50g) unrefined cane sugar + 2 tsp for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Whisk together flax and water and set to one side for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice to almond milk and genuine viagra set to one side for 5 minutes (vegan buttermilk!)
- Combine almond milk with unrefined cane sugar and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Stir in flax egg.
- Add coconut oil to flour and once distributed add in almond and flax egg mixture.
- Bring together to form a soft dough, knead for a couple of minutes until smooth. Press dough out to for an 8inch circle. Place blueberries in the centre and fold in the sides to congbetham.org incorporate.
- Press the dough out once more to form an 8 inch round before slicing in to 6 triangles.
- Place scones on a non stick baking tray. Brush with a little almond milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Delicious served with a good dollop of cashew butter on top!