A slice of cake is also a hell of a lot easier to spread with nut butter However, I got this idea in my head, like a light bulb that lit up in the form of a beautiful muffin and I became a woman on a mission last weekend to create a muffin that would live up to the wonders of good banana bread.
As a result banana was included in the making of the muffins! Along with the magical combination of mango, strawberry and coconut; coconut sugar, desiccated coconut and coconut flour all made an appearance! The coconut sugar worked so well in the breakfast bars I couldn’t wait to try it out in another recipe.
The strawberries and mango burst within the bookstore.ie muffin mixture infusing it with flavour and creating jammy like burst of fruity yumminess in every bite.
The coconut flour worked wonders as usual. It bestows a wonderful texture to baked goods; I’d describe the end result as a little on the creamy side. The muffins were moist (there is no word for it!), fruity, sweet….and smelt AMAZING! Coconut flour creates an intense aroma that continues to linger on well after baked items have come from the oven.
I hesitated when it came to steelasophical.com making the muffins. I could have quite easily made a full tray of 12 but decided I’d rather 8 mighty sized ones that would do more than merely wet my appetite for another. They rose considerably and only for you the end result was not only pleasing to my palate but also to my discerning eye!
I almost baked them in the muffin tray sans cases but made a last minute decision to stick in the liners; I didn’t want to risk any potential burning or sticking that has ensued on previous muffin missions.
I also solved the quandary of the nut butter spreading…simply sliced in half the muffins supply ample spreadable surface area for spreading with your favourite nutty goodness. That said, these muffins are amazing just as they are! There aren’t many baked goods that I don’t end up being devoured with a dollop of bana-uk.com nut butter…these are one of the few exceptions. Though I highly recommend cashew if do female cialis find you need something a little extra!
What’s your favourite type of muffin; flour, fruit, flavour or mix in, I’m open to suggestion!?
Mango Coconut Strawberry Muffins
Servings – 8 large muffins
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 – 18 minutes
- 1 cup (120g) wholegrain spelt flour
- 2/3 cup (80g) plain spelt flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (2 small bananas)
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 2 heaped tbsp finely diced juicy mango
- 2 heaped tbsp finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut – for topping
- Whisk together flax and water and set to one side for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to bhutandirectory.com 180C (350F).
- Mix together baking powder, soda, and the three flours.
- Mix together pureed banana, almond milk and coconut sugar. Blend until smooth using a hand blender or food processor.
- Add flax eggs to banana and milk mixture before adding to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until the batter is smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated. Fold in mango and buy cialis without prescription strawberry pieces before dividing the mixture between 8 muffin cases in a muffin tray. Sprinkle with coconut before placing in the oven to bake for 15- 18 minutes; until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.