Mango and Cauliflower Loving

by Peachy Palate on January 30, 2013

Another week, the half way mark already and officially the last week of January…

Thing’s I’m looking forward to in February…

• Slightly brighter evenings
  • A little rise in day time temperatures
  • Pancake Tuesday!
  • Eating lots more mango and cauliflower Smile

I’m on a serious mango and cauliflower love train at the moment which this week’s What I Ate Wednesday eats/new recipes reflect!

Before I share the deliciousness in case you missed it I posted a supplement post on Saturday, my thoughts, what I take, why and the benefits I’ve experienced as a result.

So remember the pear and blueberry baked pancake last week? Well I created something equally as divine, even more fragrant and fruitier!

Mango and strawberry with a hint of coconut! Awesome! The recipe is a little different to the previous creation, just as light fluffy and wonderful! Recipe will be up tomorrow morning first thing!

For lunch I had my first ever cauliflower crust pizza! I hadn’t really bought in to the whole idea, as much as I love cauliflower, I also love my own homemade spelt pizza bases! I decided to give it a little whirl, vegan and gluten free style and it turnout out incredibly well.

I was completely taken aback by how amazing it tasted. From the texture, to the structure, I was in love at first bite. it shall be the first of many. My cauliflower pizza for one will be up tomorrow evening.

Still on the healthy fast food buzz I made the most amazing, dare I say perfect veggie burger and spelt burger bun I’ve ever made. Packed full of a wonderful array of flavours and textures, delicious and nutritious.

The homemade bun, though made using my usual recipe, came out even more beautifully than usual. Yeast can be a bit temperamental at times, but on this occasion it decided to be on my side. Recipe for my perfect burger will be up Friday.

Before I hit the hay I had one of my mango strawberry coconut muffins – which you’ll be delighted to hear I posted the recipe for yesterday.

These muffins really are beauties! I had one along with a dollop of cashew butter and side of plain soy yoghurt. The perfect bed time snack.

I’ve had a few people ask me would I do a Q & A post, answering questions about myself, blogging and whatever else readers might be interested in. Of course I’d love to! So if anyone has any questions submit them via the contact form or email them in to michelle@peachypalate.com and when I’ve had enough through I’ll follow up with a post answering all that I can!

Happy Wednesday folks!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables January 30, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Oh my gosh YUM! Your photos are amazing and that food looks incredible! Now I want a veggie burger!

Miss Polkadot January 30, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Cauliflower is an all-star vegeatable for sure and one I used to underrate. Your pizza looks phenomenal and we all know what I’m thinking about baked goods containing coconut flour :)

Sloane Pitman January 30, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Gimme those veggie burgers!! I’m drooling. Of course, everything else looks truly divine as well!

Eating 4 Balance January 30, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I love how thick those hamburgers and their buns are! Look great :)

And I love cauliflower too. I’ve been using it in place of rice a lot.

Peachy Palate January 31, 2013 at 8:19 am

Ye it was quite the mouthful!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes January 30, 2013 at 2:59 pm

So much deliciousness!

Lift, Sleep, Eat January 30, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I love cauliflower crust pizzas! Theyre delicious – this reminds me I havent made one in ages…needs to be done haha!

Lauren (@poweredbypb) January 30, 2013 at 10:14 pm

That cauliflower crust pizza looks fab, never tried that before. I’m on a huge mango kick too, they taste pretty good right now, I went through a bad phase with having loads of bad ones!

Peachy Palate January 31, 2013 at 8:20 am

Ye it really puts me off when I get a bad one but a good one makes it up for it ten fold!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 31, 2013 at 2:48 am

Oh my goodness, woman, I don’t know how you’ve done it, but I literally want to reach in and grab every single thing I am seeing. Every. Single. Thing. I might just have to bookmark the whole post. :)

Peachy Palate January 31, 2013 at 8:20 am

Pin it sure! Recipes coming up from this morning!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate January 31, 2013 at 3:35 am

I love cauliflower crust, but it took me so long to perfect the texture!

Sharon @ Bit of the Good Stuff January 31, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Everything looks so beautiful and delicious!
For a while now I’ve been thinking about trying the cauliflower pizza crust. It’s been getting so many great reviews on food blogs. From the look of your pics, it seems to work really well as a crust. Can’t wait to check out your recipe!
Happy WIAW! xx