If I could choose one fruit that goes amazingly well with peanut butter (aside from bananas obviously) it would definitely without a shadow of a doubt be raspberries. In fact, it’s the trio of banana, peanut butter and raspberry that I find hard to resist.
This was my pancake experiment of choice on pancake Tuesday and luckily enough it turned out to be quite the success! I was a little hesitant about putting the raspberries in the mix seen as they cost a mere fortune at the moment – that’s what you get for buying fruits out of season but I just can’t help myself! As soon as I spot them nothing could keep me away.
(Pre slicing photo!)
I made use of my peanut flour, a store cupboard staple for sure. If you’re looking for an extra plant protein hit this is a fantastic alternative to a more costly protein powder that tastes amazing too!
I went with a high stack, four perfect slices one on top of the other. The inside fluffy and cake like, the outer rim almost crispy, comparable to a good muffin top or perhaps the side of homemade waffle!
A sprinkling of bee pollen, coconut and big dollop of white cashew butter which I’ve been singing the praises of quite a bit lately. The white chocolate of the nut butter world. The Monki Brand of nut butters is amazing. 100% natural and organic nut butters, wholesome, and delicious
This pancake stalk satisfied my pancake craving in one feel swoop and kept me going right the way up until lunch time. I actually ended up laying each slice flat and sharing the nut butter amongst the four slices for maximum enjoyment before digging in. But for pretty photography purposes I went with the stack! The efforts one goes too…
They also reheat perfectly if needs be…speaking from experience having spent too long faffing about taking photos!
Peanut Butter Raspberry Baked Pancake (vegan and gluten free)
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup (30g) peanut flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) buckwheat flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 small ripe banana mashed
- 2 tbsp blanched cashew butter
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Blend together all pancake ingredients aside from the raspberries. Line a small shallow 8 inch skillet/pan with a circle of baking parchment. Sprinkle in raspberries and pour over batter.
- Spread until even and covering the raspberries with the back of a spoon; gently does it. Give the pan a final gentle shake to ensure it’s evenly distributed before baking in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, run around the edges to ensure it’s not stuck to the pan anywhere before placing a plate on top and flipping it out. Peel off the baking parchment and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and piling high topped with toppings!