Bursting with flavour and bright yellow corn, this pasta is officially one of my favourites.
It’s the final silken tofu laced pasta dish I’ll post for a while; it’s one of many I plan on delving in to over the next while! Although I don’t want to continually bombard you with silken tofu recipes I’ll more than happily to continue to consume them in mass amounts!
This pasta came about completely by chance/necessity! I had opened a carton of silken tofu a couple of days previous and was determined not to only for you let it go to waste. I’m pretty good at meal planning and making sure that if I open something it gets put to good use in a new recipe experiment or else it gets thrown in a “garbage bowl” dinner; a meal which consists of all those bits and bobs you want to get rid of in the fridge to make space for the wordforgebooks.com fresh weeks groceries.
Corn is something I don’t eat a whole lot of truetalkradio.com so it was actually the one vital component that I had to actually purchase to whip this up. I had a big bag of organic spinach sitting in the fridge waiting to be opened, plenty of wholegrain spelt pasta and half a pack of pinenuts looking to http://gb2gm.org/buy-levitra-online-australia be toasted!
I whipped up the corn pesto sauce with a combination of nutritional yeast, the silken tofu, cooked corn kernels, toasted pinenuts and little seasoning and order cheapest levitra online it was good to go. Sweet and delicious with the toasted savoury goodness of the nuts. All nuts taste that bit better once toasted but pinenuts go from being decidedly bland (in my opinion) to be incredibly fragrant and delicious after having spent only a couple of minutes in the pan!
The sweet corn pesto won me over at first bite! Creamy luscious and alluring; altogether addictive! It’s great served warm but I actually prefer this one served as a chilled or room temperature salad. Topped with fresh basil and yet more toasted pinenuts it was a random experiment that turned out wonderfully successful.
The natural sweetness of the corn is sure to draw kids in; and once the spinach is viagra vs levitra drenched in the sauce you might even get them to willingly eat they’re greens (by kids I mean actual kids and the bigger ones/adults who haven’t quite taken to veggies over the years!)
Corn Pesto Pinenut Pasta
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 100g (3.5oz) firm silken tofu
- 2 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup (60g) cooked corn (tinned or thawed frozen is fine)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cheap cialis soft freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (60g) uncooked fusilli wholegrain spelt pasta
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp corn kernels
- 1/2 tbsp toasted pinenuts
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Cover spelt pasta with boiling water and cook for 8 – 10 minutes depending on how al dente you like it.
- Meanwhile blend together all pesto ingredients in a food processor or using a hand/stick blender until perfectly smooth.
- Drain pasta, pour over sauce and viagra gel stir well to combine. Place back in to your empty pot to we like it heat through for 2-3 minutes along with the extra corn. Add spinach to the pot and stir through to wilt.
- Alternatively prepare pasta and veggies, allow to cool or rinse under cold water before combining with sauce for a delicious pasta salad. Once mixed together chilled it will keep perfectly in the fridge for a day or two.
- Serve topped with toasted pinenuts and fresh basil.