After having my fair share of flavour sensations and fruity toppings as well as playing around with the buy levitra without prescription soaker I decided to leave French toast alone for a while. To be honest I hadn’t thought there were too many other options to consider.
That was until I discovered silken tofu a couple of weeks back! With French toast on the brain and new one and only jar of Barney Butter finally in my grip I could think of nothing better than a plateful topped with berries and seared banana.
A friend brought me back a jar of Barney Butter by request from WholeFoods having been in the States on business for a few weeks. To say I was delighted would be an understatement…imagine me pretty much jumping for joy with delight in the middle of the supermarket when I got the text message to say he had brought it home for me….
Perhaps leaping for joy and grinning like a cheshire cat would be a fairer description!
And then there was the French toast to click here rival all others. Silken tofu, half a banana, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon…
I wasn’t sure what to expect but the silken tofu worked a treat! It gave the breakfast even more staying power and soaked in to the bread wonderfully. A little crisp sweet batter on the outside and squidgy in the middle topped with a huge scoop of the good stuff.
The Barney Butter has lived up to my expectations and then some. The texture in the jar is http://trackingwonder.com/next-day-cialis thick and creamy, a little like Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator and melts like a dream – I’ve a super duper bowl of oats to share later in the week! The roasted almond flavour is like nothing I’ve ever tasted before. It’s intense, rich and altogether moreish! Luckily my friend is returning to the States again soon to pick me up a few jars this time!
The versatility of silken tofu never fails to http://rachelsagermosaics.com/levitra-sales-in-canada amaze (and delight) me. With regards to the French toast in general…absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.
What’s your favourite alternative vegan friendly French toast recipe? Link me up or post your ingredients below!
Silken Tofu Protein French Toast
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 6-8 minutes
- 2 thick slices cinnamon walnut spelt sandwich bread (or whatever you fancy; ideally slightly denser or stale bread!)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) almond milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) firm silken tofu
- 1/2 a small ripe banana (reserve other half for topping)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Barney Butter to serve
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Fresh berries to serve (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Blend together banana, almond milk, silken tofu, cinnamon and vanilla. Place mixture in a large flat bottomed bowl and lay slices in the milk. Toss to ensure nicely coated and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place soaked bread in a large non stick or lightly greased (with coconut oil) skillet over a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping. Press the bread down with spatula and it lifts it’s ready to http://tnb.no/viagra-online-pharmacy flip.
- Cook for a further 4 minutes on the opposite side. Place the other half of you banana, sliced in half, in to the pan for the final two minutes of http://eurousc.com/site/levitra-online cooking. Turning over as you take the bread out to allow it to cook for a few seconds more.
- Serve French toast topped with Barney Butter, chia seeds, coconut and seared banana with fresh berries and mint on the side. Dig in!