Silken Tofu Protein French Toast
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 6-8 minutes
- 2 thick slices cinnamon walnut spelt sandwich bread (or whatever you fancy; ideally slightly denser or stale bread!)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) almond milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) firm silken tofu
- 1/2 a small ripe banana (reserve other half for topping)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Barney Butter to serve
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Fresh berries to serve (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Blend together banana, almond milk, silken tofu, cinnamon and vanilla. Place mixture in a large flat bottomed bowl and lay slices in the milk. Toss to ensure nicely coated and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place soaked bread in a large non stick or lightly greased (with coconut oil) skillet over a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping. Press the bread down with spatula and it lifts it’s ready to flip.
- Cook for a further 4 minutes on the opposite side. Place the other half of you banana, sliced in half, in to the pan for the final two minutes of cooking. Turning over as you take the bread out to allow it to cook for a few seconds more.
- Serve French toast topped with Barney Butter, chia seeds, coconut and seared banana with fresh berries and mint on the side. Dig in!