Not a whole lot of green

by Peachy Palate on March 13, 2013

This months theme for Wednesday eats is has once more gone…

Peas and Crayons

Before I go to eats be sure to check out my post from the weekend “Portion Distortion”….would love to get your feedback and thoughts!

Yesterday wasn’t the most green filled day I’ve ever had by any stretch of the imagination. It started off well with a new super duper green monster smoothie….

Complete with my new favourite topping, toasted buckwheat groats! Recipe will be up first thing tomorrow! Nutritious and incredibly delicious!

Yesterday was a particularly hungry day so I went with a bowl of whipped oats for breakfast round too. Monday’s berrilicious bowl were as closed to perfect as I thought it could get and then I delved in to this bowl…

Mango, Cacao, Banana, Coconut Whipped oats…positively dreamy! I’ll stick these up on Friday morning just in time for the weekend, a mid morning snack or late breakfast depending on what part of the world you’re stopping by from.

Lunch was a little lighter thanks to the double round of breakfast. A simple quinoa salad with a barbecue sauce and barbecue tempeh strips.

I picking up some Organic Corn on the Cobs and my god did those kernels not only taste amazing they sweet scent as they cooked was incredible! Recipe coming tomorrow for this one.

Dinner was an amazingly simple dish. A recreation of something I had last week.

A delicious creamy mustard maple sauce over tofu, Portobello’s and kale! Seriously awesome sauce! I have plans to make a big batch just to have it on standby! There is a whole load of greenage hiding beneath the tofu and mushrooms I promise Smile  Same bowl for breakfast and dinner…laziness right there!

A mighty banana nut muffin followed…man these guys are good!

Minimal sugar, soft, light, slight chewy with a little crunch…

Totally in love! Recipe was posted yesterday!!!

Not a bad day of eats if you ask me! I’d truly find it hard to pick a highlight…but if I was pushed that maple mustard sauce really did blow me away! [/donotprint]

Ksenija @ Health Ninja March 13, 2013 at 10:26 am

Your salads… <3 !!! I am enjoying salads for lunch a lot recently and am always happy to get new recipes. It's also quite funny how the new green WIAW theme makes all those pretty green monsters pop up all over the blog sphere!

Peachy Palate March 13, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I know! I’m a green monster fanatic! :)

Allison March 13, 2013 at 10:32 am

You have the prettiest food ever, it’s official :)

Peachy Palate March 13, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Definitely not true but the compliment is much appreciated :)

kristen @ verbs and vignettes March 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

your smoothie looks like it’s in a candle! adorable. i’ve had a smoothie every day since i bought a new blender (so, only 3). but i need cute new glasses. and wow, that tofu and sauce looks amazing.

Claire @ Flake And Cake March 13, 2013 at 11:52 am

Your pictures are so beautiful, you make everything look delicious! Can’t wait to try those muffins, yum!

Nicole @ Fruit 'N' Fitness March 13, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Those oats sounds amazing!

kim@hungryhealthygirl March 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Looks like a fabulous day of eats! And oh those oats….yum!

Miss Polkadot March 13, 2013 at 4:38 pm

No matter how green or not: Your food looks just as delightful as always. Especially the oats but I wouldn’t say no to lunch, either.

Peachy Palate March 13, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Oats are so good! So creamy!

Eating 4 Balance March 13, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I love that container you put your green smoothie in. I need to get creative and find some new bowls! I’m getting bored with the old ones :( Haha.

Peachy Palate March 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm

That was actually a candy jar! Rinse out nut butter jars :)

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life March 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Ooh, barbeque on top of quinoa?? That is such a great idea!! I’ll have to use that one sometime. :-)

Peachy Palate March 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I totally said quinoa and it’s actually millet! But it would work with quinoa too :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl March 13, 2013 at 7:51 pm

That mustard maple sauce sounds awwwwfully tasty!! ;)

Lauren (@PoweredbyPB) March 13, 2013 at 11:43 pm

That bowl of oats looks so good! Loving mango and coconut right now!

Bella March 14, 2013 at 1:29 am

Ok, first I must say how fun, pretty, colorful, and inviting your blog is. Plus I love peaches!!

Now your food, simply amazing to look at, and I can only imagine how tasty too. Your oats looked incredible, and that dinner looked so good with that sauce…. yummm!!

I can totally taste such a difference between non organic, and organic corn. Night and day for sure. Oh and at least you try to change your dishes for the pics… I am soooo bad… it’s the same old silver plate, for every meal, and it sucks for taking pictures, I need to work on my food photography, but it’s sooooo time consuming. erghhh!!!

So glad I stopped by! Have a great day girl :)
P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I’ve started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
Hugs, Bella :)
Bella’s 40 Day Challenge

Peachy Palate March 14, 2013 at 8:35 am

Tanks Bella! I’ll definitely check it out later today!!! Thanks for all the compliments :)

Karey @ Nutty About Health March 14, 2013 at 2:07 pm

The bowls of oats look delicious! Love all the toppings, yum! :)