Thursday to be precise when someone commented on my Green monster smoothie saying how it was a good one for Patricks Day! Totally by chance I will admit but in hindsight a great alternative to those minty green milkshakes currently hitting McDonald’s menus…
So I started thinking about what I could whip up in a flash, something that would not require a trip to the supermarket or too much time and achillcamping.com effort…it was a busy week so I wasn’t in the mood for anything over complicated. Soda bread was the perfect solution seen as I had an almighty craving for some, toasted with almond butter and blueberry jam.
I decided to try something different and whipped up four mini single serve soda breads…almost like scones but savoury and bread like, laced with raisins. Being Irish I should probably promote the purely traditional soda, made with buttermilk but of securitybastion.com course vegan needs must!
I curdled the almond milk with cider vinegar and combined it with soda, baking powder and straight up wholegrain spelt flour along with some juicy jumbo raisins. A quick mix up, four little rounds sitting on canadian generic cialis online the oven tray and glazed with a little maple syrup for just a hint of sweetness and baked in 15 minutes flat.
You can’t go wrong! If you wake up with a longing for bread, quick soda bread is the http://eaglechamber.co/cialis-online-sales way to go. No kneading, no waiting, one bowl and minimal ingredients.
Sliced down the middle, toasted and served with your favourite nut butter or jam or both…a side of each perhaps! Blueberry pure fruit jam and almond butter were my spreads of choice….delightful.
Traditional with a twist and a must on Patricks Day morning! Perhaps with a zingy green smoothie on the side?!
Are you making anything special or especially for Patricks Day?
Mini Individual Fruit Spelt Soda Bread
Servings – 4
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 cups (250g) wholegrain spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk + 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25g) ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup (50g) raisins
- 1 tbsp maple syrup to glaze
- Preheat oven to very good site 200C (400F).
- Mix together cider vinegar with almond milk and set to one side.
- Mix together flour, ground flax seed, baking soda and baking powder before adding in raisins.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and cialis tablets for sale bring together to form a soft slightly sticky dough. Place on a floured surface and divide in to four. Roll each piece in to a little round, flatten slightly and place on a non stick baking tray. Glaze each with a little maple syrup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Delicious warm or toasted with jam and nut butter!