With my banana granola in hand I needed a hearty plate of pancakes to sprinkle it over…preferably banana laden! I went with a mix of coconut and buckwheat flours, cinnamon and 1/3 cup of pureed banana with almond milk…
The result was three mightily thick, fluffy, incredibly filling pancakes infused with the flavours of both coconut and banana with a little hint of vanilla due to a last minute whisk in of some extract; a delightful subtle addition. I’d forgotten how crazy good coconut flour can make pancakes. A distinct flavour, texture and natural sweetness, why on earth have I left it this long to cook up another batch?
Berries are starting to http://haatuf.net/online-order-cialis come in to their own. The blueberries are a little juicier, the raspberries softer and the blackberries…well they’ve stood the test of time right the way through the winter! I’m still not jumping on the strawberry bandwagon just yet…they’re a tad crunchy for my liking; not a good texture when it comes to a fruit of the berry variety.
I cracked open a brand spanking new jar of SunButter for the special occasion. The dollops held on to their shape but as spoon as the www.ewaslabour.org.uk spreading action commenced it got it’s drippy melting action on…spreading the SunButter love creamy goodness was delivered in every mouthful.
A bright sunny morning, beautiful thick sweet flavour packed pancakes, berries, SunButter and new colourful mat to lay the plateful on…what more could a girl want! How easily pleased even when I have to do the cooking and cleaning up, the eating more than makes up for it.
The batter made three thick hearty pancakes which would quite easily serve two (you could make four smaller pancakes or simply cut a stalk down the middle!)…but I made it through all three. I’d suggest making them for yourself and if you don’t get through them save some for lunch
What is you all time favourite alternative flour to make pancakes with?
Banana Coconut Buckwheat Pancakes
Servings – 3 large pancakes (1-2 servings)
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 6 – 8 minutes
- 30g (1/4 cup) coconut flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) wholegrain buckwheat flour
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup (125ml) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (90g) mashed/pureed banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp SunButter
- Blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- 1/2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 heaped tbsp banana cacao nib oil free granola
- Blend together all pancake ingredients omitting the xanthan gum until everything else is well combined. Blend it in to the mix and get ready to cheapest prices on viagra cook!
- Place 1/3 cup measures of the thick batter in to a non stick large skillet spreading them out a little with the back of teaspoon. Allow to cook for 4 –5 minutes before flipping and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes. Alternatively cook in the pan for 4-5 minutes and place under a preheated grill for 1 minutes, returning to the hob and http://www.fx-bar.com/cheapest-viagra-prices flipping with even more ease! Cook for 1-2 minutes once flipped.
- Serve with fresh berries, Barney Butter, granola and coconut.