Luckily enough we had another workout planned that evening so I hot tailed it home and whipped up a dozen chocolate chippers! A new recipe, one which I’d meaning to try out for a while; I’d actually baked a dozen the week previous but the ingredient mix hadn’t produced a cookie like texture, they’d ended up far too cake like.
This time round I cracked it!
Gluten free, low sugar, chocolate chip cookies, dairy and egg free to boot! Of course I had to taste test one before bundling them up on a plate and tying a birthday bow around them once covered Trying only one of the dozen was quite the challenge… they were delicious. Slightly chewy, chunky, infused with coconut and almond flavours, a wonderful nutty, buttery texture, cookie perfection!
I was delighted and even more so when after the evening training session they ended up making the rounds amongst the stragglers and the instructors kids; the little toddler milled through one of them! I love when kids munch in to my healthier alternative treats!
They were incredibly easy to make, the only slightly arduous part was moulding them in to nice cookie shapes. I put in a little more effort then was probably necessary or that I would in future seen as they were being baked as a gift.
Unfortunately I can’t tell you how they hold up over time as they were gone within about 6 hours of having been baked! All the more reason to whip up another batch in the near future don’t you think!
Do you ever make homemade gifts for friends birthdays?
Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free, vegan)
Servings – 12 cookies
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 cup (120g) almond finely ground meal/flour
- 1 cup (100g) oat flour (ground from oats in a food processor)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (55g) coconut oil melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (55g) dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Whisk together flax and water and set to http://farawaymac.com/buy-branded-viagra one side for 15 minutes.
- Mix together almond meal, oat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix together coconut oil, maple syrup and flax egg. Add wet to dry and stir well to combine. It might look a little dry but once you get your hands in and thoroughly mix it will be a nice cookie dough consistency.
- Knead in chocolate chips before dividing in to 12 balls. Place each ball, formed between the palms of your hands, on a non stick baking tray or lined with baking parchment and wildbeautyworld.com press down to form small cookie rounds with your finger tips. The cookies will rise a teeny tiny bit but won’t really change shape while baking so create your desired shape and size.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with a tall glass of almond milk for ultimate enjoyment!