I had a vision, a bundt cake vision I just had to create…plus it was the last one left in the shop which was clearly a sign right?!
I purchased a large tin last week, one with a loose bottom that you can use as a ring cake with a flat bottom or as a bundt. I made a cake which turned out to be a complete flop. I didn’t cook it for long enough, removed it from the tin FAR too quickly which result in numerous cake piece over the counter top…
Aside from the self inflicted disaster side of the baking experiment the tin itself had no where near a beautiful bundt shape. It was far too deep, the grooves far to shallow, which resulted in a cake (albeit a broken one) that looked more like a flying saucer than a beautiful bundt cake!
It’s now sitting at the back of ieasea.org the press for a rainy day that might never come….but I have the bundt cake tin of my dreams now so it’s all good!
I almost went with a coconut drizzle but my patience had worn out and with a solidified jar of coconut butter waiting for it to melt just wasn’t on the cards. I whipped up a quick chocolate syrup/glaze and drizzled it over the top.
The bare bundt…
The glazed, once slice devoured bundt…
Photos snapped I dug in to the first slice for breakfast Chuffed is http://bloomsburgpa.org/viagra-canadian-pharmacy the only word for it!
Ever had a baking disaster you’d rather forget?
Chocolate Orange Ginger Bundt Cake
Servings – 8
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 – 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11/4 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 11/4 cup (150g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup (250ml) plain soy yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) applesauce
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1.5 cup (325ml) boiling water
- 1 cup (160g) coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water
- (will harden as it cools..)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to temwa.org 180C (350F).
- Mix together flax and water and set to one side until “eggy” in consistency.
- Meanwhile sift together flours, baking agents and eurousc.com cocoa powder along with ginger.
- Blend together orange juice, almond milk, vanilla extract and applesauce. Stir in flax “eggs” once ready.
- Add wet to dry and fold to combine. Place in to your non stick bundt tin (I used a 25cm/10inch tin). Give it a little shake to ensure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, maple syrup and almond milk with vanilla and place in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, simmer. Mix together cornstarch and water and stir in to cocoa mix. Ensure to whisk the mix as you in the cornstarch to avoid clumps. The mixture will thicken instantly. Simmer for a minute or two before drizzling over cake to serve.