[donotprint] Coconut and peanut nutty pancakes to be precise. In other words, the best damn pancakes EVER! The combination of the peanut flour, coconut flour and straight up buckwheat was perfect!
It created the most awesome texture, incredible flavour and paired wonderfully with the tropical fruit trio of kiwi, pineapple and passionfruit. A few generous dollops of peanut butter and they were good to go.
Pancakes used to be a weekend breakfast treat but seen as I work weekends mid week mornings are all about the pancake feasts.
Peanut flour is firmly back in morning rotation. It’s such a great high protein alternative, gluten free, with the amazing flavour of roasted peanuts, I personally can’t get enough of the stuff. It’s also really good value especially when you compare it to the price of protein powder! For someone who spends an absolute fortune on food on a weekly basis any savings I can make without compromising on flavour/texture and altogether delicious and nutritious-ness are welcomed with open arms!
These pancakes are light, fluffy, yet quite filling at the same time. Definite winners worthy of rotation which doesn’t happen often around here.
It was a bank holiday (long weekend) here in Ireland the weekend so it feels like it should be only Thursday! When I was working a full time 9-5 (or in my case 7-4) I would wish the week away, yearning for the weekend and a stress releasing shopping spree. It dawned on me this week how much my life, my mind, body and whole sense of being has changed since having left full time work.
I’m truly a happy person these days. I wake up happy, go to bed happy and smile a hell of a lot more (and they’re real smiles, not just pretence). The sun shone through the whole weekend, a weekend which I worked through and loved every minute of it….if you love your job you’ll never work a day in your life…I didn’t believe it until I began to experience just a taster of it.
I still like a bit of structure, morning workouts and good breakfasts, ideally pancakes set me up on the right foot for the day. I can handle anything that comes my way.
What sets you up for the day ahead? [/donotprint]
Peanut Coconut Tropical Pancakes
Servings – 1
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 – 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup (30g) peanut flour
- 1 tbsp (10g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp (20g) buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 1 medium ripe banana (approx. 100g)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp all natural smooth peanut butter
- Mint to garnish
- Bee pollen
- Blend together banana and almond milk. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour 1/3 cup (1/3 of the mixture scoops) of the batter in to a large non stick skillet preheated over a medium heat. Cook the three pancakes for 4 minutes on the first side before gently flipping. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes more.
- Serve topped with tropical fruits, peanut butter, coconut and chia seeds. Dig in!