After the success and delightfulness of the falafel I had a longing for some meat free meatballs of the lentil variety. I went with a mushroom lentil combo with a selection of dried herbs and onion.
What really made them special were the accompanying sauces…a chunky sundried tomato sauce and a basil cashew cream pesto. Creamy, salty, sweet…an amazing combination! I wiped the plate clean
These would make a delicious addition to an appetiser selection plate, could be served with spaghetti, or one mighty amount of meatballs with sauces to accompany them just as they are. I went with the latter on this occasion. Not a meatball went to waste.
The recipe actually makes nine….with only eight on the purchase of viagra plate one went straight in to taste testing pre picture taking I just couldn’t resist. They have a little bit of http://tropicalfiji.com/viagra-how-much texture, slightly crispy on the outside, packed full of flavour with a decidedly meaty texture. I’m not going to say you could convince a meat eater that they’re meat but I’m sure they’d go down quite well.
I’m loving finger food lately; I say that and if I’m honest I tend to eat a lot of food with my fingers, the exceptions being pasta and spaghetti and of course smoothies just because it isn’t feasibly possible.
I made these little wonder’s on Friday and tweeted as soon as I did the taste test about just how wonderful they were. Sometimes you make something that is just to http://shoorayner.com/rx-generic-cialis good not to share almost immediately. I almost get butterflies with the excitement, tell me it isn’t just me?!?
It’s a bank holiday (long weekend) here in Ireland so I’m hoping as I write this post on Sunday evening that I have time to post it tomorrow, Monday as I’m working and try it meeting a client straight after. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day the past couple of weeks, there’s so much I want to do, so many recipes I want to create, photos I want to take, updates and nutrition posts I’d love to share and they’re only the smaller day to day activities.
Having food like this ready to get cialis fast hand is we use it such a time saver come lunch or dinner! You can make a bigger batch and keep them in the fridge for a few days. I haven’t tried freezing them but I’m pretty sure they’d hold up quite well. If anyone tries be sure to let me know!
Loving life, loving lentils and madly in love with these meatballs! Sauce and pesto are a must!
Lentil Mushroom Meatballs
Servings – 1 – 2 (9 meatballs)
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 18 –20 minutes
- 3/4 cup (150g) cooked Puy lentils
- 100g (1/2 a cup) diced mushrooms (uncooked weight)
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp sea/rock salt
- Pinch or two of black pepper
- 1 tbsp oat flour (ground from oats)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Fresh basil to garnish
Basil Cashew Cheese
- 1/4 cup cashew cheese (30g cashews soaked overnight and blended with 2-4 tbsp water)
- Small handful of info viagra fresh basil
- Drop of lemon juice
- Pinch of sea/rock salt
Sundried Tomato Sauce
- 2-3 medium sundried tomatoes (rehydrated in boiling water; soak for 20 –30 minutes)
- 2-3 tbsp passata (sieved tomatoes)
- Drop of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Sauté onion and thelowell.org garlic in a pan with a drop of water for 3-5 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Place onion and mushrooms in a bowl with some kitchen paper for a couple of minutes to drain off excess moisture.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. You want it smooth with a few whole lentils and chunks of mushroom remaining.
- Remove and place in a bowl for a couple of minutes (to allow the flax to truetalkradio.com absorb some moisture).
- Roll 8 – 9 golf ball size meatballs between the palms of your hands and place on http://excelsior-westenholte.nl/purchase-of-viagra a non stick baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn over and return to bake for a further 8-10 minutes until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile blitz together sauces, one at a time in a smaller chopper or with a hand blender.
- Place the usefull link sundried tomato sauce on the plate, cooked lentil balls on top, drizzle over cool and creamy basil pesto. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.