I got myself well set up with all the female levitra fillings at the ready…
Damp tea towel on the chopping board and warm shallow dish of somewhere between warm and hot water to one side.
I would have gotten a picture of the rolling action had I had another couple of generic pack levitra hands, or a tripod….but sure at least I finally went to the effort of taking some pic pre finished product
I didn’t even overly think the process through this time; the fear with the rice paper wraps must have gotten to me the last time as I remember ripping a fair few of them! I was also a hell of less fussy when it came to the wrapping…all I wanted was for them to hold together.
Getting in the recommended site maximum amount of filling was high on the agenda and I was willing to sacrifice prettiness for satiety!
I was 100% inspired by a recipe over @TheSproutedKitchen. The colourful array of ingredients, fresh raw crunchy strong flavours immediately caught my attention and the fact that they fitted in with my lentil loving kick was just an added bonus!
Raw beet has never really been my bag but I decided to wow it's great give it a whirl. Well let me tell you the raw grated beet really made these extra special! The earthiness with the sweet carrot and spicy lentils worked a treat. The mellow avocado topped it off beautifully bestowing its usual creaminess.
Incredibly light yet filling at the same time and a fantastic alternative to the go to portable food of choice for most..the sandwich!
Not only that but rice paper wraps are gluten free which makes them a handy option, filling the wheat wrap void that those on http://westmeathchildcare.ie/canadian-viagra-for-sale gluten/wheat free diet have to incur (especially in Ireland where gluten free wraps are few and far between..) This is of course if you don’t want to make your own buckwheat tortillas…the life changing ones from Tuesday! Truly epic!
I will definitely be making more spring rolls sooner rather than later. The filling possibilities are endless and now that I’m over the “ripping” fear the whole idea of throwing them together a hell of a lot less daunting!
These kept perfectly in the fridge overnight. I was surprised how well the rice paper wraps held up; I had visions of them falling to pieces!
Is there any meal or food that you find a little tough to handle and avoid for fear of it going wrong?
Lentil Summer Rolls (adapted from The Sprouted Kitchen)
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
- 3 rice paper wraps
- 1 small beet finely grated
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/2 cup cooked Puy Lentils (approx. 100g cooked weight)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 a small avocado sliced
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Peanut butter to securitybastion.com serve (optional – simply water for thinner dipping sauce consistency)
- Mix lentils with salt, cayenne, coriander and cumin and set to one side.
- Set up a station with grated carrot, beet, avocado and the best choice lentils all lined up for filling the wraps.
- Rinse a tea towel under warm warm and squeeze so that it’s just damp. Lay on your counter surface.
- Fill a large flat bottomed bowl with warm water. Place one of the wraps in the water, ensuring all of the wrap gets submerged for 30 seconds.
- Remove gently and place on the damp tea towel/cloth and blot with fingers to make it sticky.
- Lay a few leaves of http://aa-kenya.or.ke/real-viagra-online coriander, 1/3 of beet, 1/3 of carrot, 1/3 of lentils one after the other in the centre along a short line like you would a burrito.
- Top with 1/3 of avocado and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Fold over the top of the wrap over the filling, fold in the two ends and finally close by folding in the remaining side over the centre to seal. Repeat twice more and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds to serve.
- Wrap in plastic wrap for transporting!