A banana split with all the trimmings…all of the indulgence, none of the dairy, good enough to have for breakfast!!?
A banana split for dessert would have been one of my worst nightmares as a child. I was not a banana fan. Ice cream, chocolate sauce and whatever other trimmings might have been used to adorn the ensemble I would have happily partaken in.
I’d now put a banana split up there with one of my all time favourite desserts. I bake and create so many raw desserts at home that having something as simple as ice cream with chocolate sauce and banana is truly heavenly…in fact if I was dining out and they have dairy free ice cream on hand it would be my dessert of choice!
This is the ultimate homemade super simple banana split…made using my easy peasy banana softserve. I went with a duo as opposed to a trio of flavours seen as I planned for a whole lot of added extras…it’s all about the toppings!
Sugar free (date sweetened) 4 ingredient chocolate sauce? Don’t mind if I do! Recipe below!
Raspberry chia seed jam…because fruit and chia seeds make this a totally viable breakfast option!
Cacao nibs or chocolate chunks depending on the time of the day! Nuts of your choice…walnuts or pecans ideally toasted and a little coconut because doesn’t everything taste better with coconut?!
If your not a banana softserve fan use your favourite dairy free ice cream…or hold out until next week when I’ll be sharing a dairy free no ice cream maker, super creamy, smooth, ice particle free ice cream! I am beyond EXCITED about it!!!
I digress…make yourself a banana split because sure it’s Monday, it’s the summer…you just deserve it and you most certainly won’t regret it!!!
If you don’t fancy a banana split whip up some Magnums!
What’s your favourite ice cream featuring dessert?
Ultimate Dairy Free Banana Split
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: raw blender dessert snack gluten-free grain free low-carb low-sodium paleo soy-free vegan vegetarian banana dates
Ingredients (Serves 1 -2)
- 1/3 cup (60g) pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa or raw cacao powder
- Beans from one fresh vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- +Chia Seed Jam (Yields approx. 80ml…1/3 cup)
- 1 cup (160g) fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey/maple syrup/coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 large banana sliced in half
- 3 scoops plain banana softserve
- 2 scoops chocolate banana softserve
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (from the top of a full fat can of coconut milk that has been chilled overnight!)
- 1-2 tbsp Chocolate sauce (above)
- 1 -2 tbsp Raspberry Chia Jam (above)
- 1-2 tbsp toasted chopped pecan nuts
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao nibs or dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 tbsp desiccated/shredded coconut
For the sauce
Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
Place in pot over a medium heat, reduce to a simmer and stir for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Store in the fridge for up to one week once cool.
For the Jam
Combine all ingredients in a pot, bring to the boil, lightly mashed raspberries or blend if you prefer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week and half.
For the Banana Split
Place scoops of softserve down the middle of the banana which has been sliced in half in a large bowl. Top with chia seed jam followed by the coconut cream.
Drizzle with chocolate sauce, sprinkle over nuts, cacao nibs or chocolate, and finally the coconut. Dig in with a single spoon or share with a loved one!