Cheesecake bars that aren’t actually cheesecake at all..and are in fact an even more luscious creamy delicious consistency if I do say so myself!
The pumpkin topping is a beautiful mix of coconut butter, peanut butter, and pumpkin along with a little coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk which is such a cool product from Nature’s Charm.
Vegan/plant based, dairy free or not, these bars are should be crowd pleasers! I’m always a fan of a recipe that requires no baking and also doesn’t need to be stored in the freezer. Who wants to have to deal with thawing out a dessert before eating. I don’t even have that patience with ice cream and end up sticking it in the microwave; though in all honesty I much prefer the softer texture of fresh Gelato!
You could keep these nut free if necessary by using sunflower seed butter in place of the peanut butter but I love the subtle undertone of the PB and I think it works quite well with pumpkin. Clearly I’m just a peanut butter nutter!
Plant Based Pumpkin Cheesecake SquaresPrint Recipe
- *** For the Base ***
- 150g pitted Medjool Dates
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of Salt
- *** For the Topping ***
- 80g smooth all natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter for nut free
- 60g coconut butter melted, not coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (28g) coconut oil, melted
- 120g canned pumpkin puree; not pumpkin pie filling
- 60ml Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Charm Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- *** To Serve ***
- Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream (refrigerate overnight and scoop off the cream from the top of the can!)
Line a 9 inch loaf tin with baking paper and lightly grease with spray oil.
Blitz together base ingredients in your high speed blender. Press the mixture into the tin using you hands and spread evenly.
Rinse out your blender and then add all the filling ingredients. Blend for a couple of minutes until perfectly smooth.
Pour and spread the pumpkin mixture over the base and place into the fridge to set for four hours or overnight.
Slice into 8 thick squares and top each with a dollop of Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping cream to serve.
Store in the fridge for up to five days. Sprinkle with toasted or raw roughly chopped pumpkin seeds if desired.