Creamy thick rich chocolate avocado mousse….so why the avocado?
Ok so I’m definitely not on a mission to eat vegetables (or in this case fruit) at every single meal or for every single snack. It’s not something I need, desire or have set as any sort of rule. However, avocados make a freaking awesome thick and creamy mousse, and I had some ripe ones that needed using up ASAP.
It’s sweetened with maple syrup, thickened up a little more with some Dare Liberate chocolate peanut butter powder which provides a nice nutritional punch as well as heaps of flavour. Rather than going down the raw cacao route, I used cocoa powder as I think it just provides a more chocolaty flavour and that nice deep dark chocolate colour. You can use which ever you prefer.
I’m all for a traditional chocolate mousse but sometimes I want something with chocolate and sustenance…and peanut butter of course!
You can have this for breakfast, dessert, a snack or whenever you fancy. I love it topped with some berries, some toasted coconut flakes, maybe some chocolate chips or cacao nibs for crunch, seeds, nuts…some granola perhaps! Let me know if you have any favourite toppings in the comments or over on Instagram!
Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter MoussePrint Recipe
- 2 large super ripe avocados
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (unsweetened if possible)
- 1 scoop Dare Liberate peanut butter shake blend
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 2 - 3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 100g yogurt of choice; dairy free if necessary, I love using coconut yogurt or you can use full fat coconut milk
- 3 - 6 tbsp milk of choice as needed; almond, coconut, oat, rice or regular milk, whatever you have on hand!
Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth.
Sweeten to taste and add a little milk at time to reach desired consistency.
Store in the fridge for up to two days.