My go to pancake recipe. You can use spelt flour, plain or wholemeal, straight up plain flour or wholemeal, or a gluten free alternative.
No eggs, no milk, no dairy at all and they’re light and fluffy. Most importantly they flip with ease. Key when making pancakes because I ain’t got time for messy pancakes.
I topped mine with a little bit of peanut butter “frosting”. Just smooth rich roast peanut butter mixed with some maple syrup and laced them with chocolate chips. Blueberries would be my second favourite option or perhaps actual chunks of banana!
I’m sitting here typing realising that the vast majority don’t care about much more than the recipe…plus the sun has just come out so I figure I should go make the most of it.
Hit me up with any questions or comments on Instagram and you can of course go check out the short just over 1 minute IGTV I created for these as well.
- 180ml (¾ cup) non dairy milk of choice; I like to use oat milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 150g (1 ¼ cup) wholemeal or regular plain white spelt flour, or flour of choice; not tested with oat or buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tbsp milled flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut or brown sugar; purely for the flavour!
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil or 1 tbsp melted coconut oil + more for cooking
Add dry ingredients to a bowl; flour through to sugar!
Whisk together the milk, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and oil of choice in a jug. Set to one side for 2 minutes.
Add wet ingredients to dry and combine using a whisk to form a smooth batter.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Grease with oil of choice.
Cook 2 - 2.5 tbsp of batter per pancake; Add chocolate chips to batter once it's in the pan.
Flip once bubble form and cook for 1 - 2 minutes on the opposite side.
Serve stacked with nut butter, maple syrup or brown rice syrup and whatever else your heart desires!