This is not a sponsored post…but I’m a sucker for a good pancake and when Sweet Pea Pantry said they wanted to send me some of their gluten free pancake mix to try I was of course intrigued! Especially because it features buckwheat and flax which are staples in my own pancakes.
I love making my own mixes and variations but this mix was so easy to use and produced some nice thick fluffy pancakes! I laced them with some dark chocolate chips and drowned them in peanut butter sauce… powdered peanut butter with oat milk. Paired with the fluffy chocolate chip pancakes, it was a match made in heaven.
You can use an egg or flax egg. I tried both and the egg definitely yielded slightly thicker pancakes but the flax egg version created a slightly softer pancake if a little thinner. I’m not sure which I preferred! My pancake preference changes like the weather.
You could totally flavour them up so many different ways but the base itself packs a nice flavour punch. Quinoa flour, buckwheat and teff… wholesome and delicious!
Some other ideas…
- Lemon and Poppy Seed
- Blueberry…served with maple and crispy bacon!
- Add a little matcha powder
- Cacao or cocoa powder…go double chocolate with chocolate chips!
- Beet powder, cacao or cocoa and vanilla for a red velvet snack!
The possibilities are endless!
Comment below or over on Instagram your favourite pancake toppings or mix ins!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip PancakesPrint Recipe
- 1/2 a box of Sweet Pea Pantry Pancake Mix
- 1 egg or 1 tbsp flaxseed with 3 tbsp water
- 2 -3 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- 100ml oat milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp powdered peanut butter + 3 tbsp oat milk, to serve
- More chocolate chips to serve!
Whisk together mix, egg or flax egg, oat milk and maple syrup. Add vanilla extract.
Heat a non stick pan and grease with spray oil
Stir chocolate chips through the mix.
Use 2-3 tbsp or 1/4 cup (60ml) of the batter per pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
Serve topped with chocolate chips and peanut butter sauce!